Start: September 01, 2019 @ 12:00 am (US/Eastern)
End: September 15, 2019 @ 11:59 pm (US/Eastern)
Start: September 1, 2019 @ 12:00 am (US/Eastern)
End: September 15, 2019 @ 11:59 pm (US/Eastern)
Start: September 1, 2019 @ 12:00 am (US/Eastern)
End: September 15, 2019 @ 11:59 pm (US/Eastern)
You must be at least 21 years old to enter
Each of the 10 Finalist Prizes consists of one set of MICHELIN® StarCross® 5 tires and one pair of Michelin Motorcycle Tires socks. The 5 Grand Prizes each consist of: A trip to the Michelin Motorcycle Tires exclusive Gnarly Routes – U Lazy S Ranch tour in Post, TX including airfare, lodging, meals, motorcycle rental, etc. Each Finalist Prize has an approximate retail value of $275.00 USD. Each Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of $4,500.00 USD.
The Michelin Motorcycle Tires #MyGnarlyRoutes Contest
1) NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Buying Will Not Help You Win. Your chances of winning without making a purchase are the same as the chances of someone who purchases something. It is illegal to give any advantage to buyers in a CONTEST. CURRENT INTERNET ACCESS AND A CURRENT VALID EMAIL ACCOUNT ARE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. THE CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO CITIZENS AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Contest (defined below) is governed by these Official Rules, Terms and Conditions (collectively, the “Official Rules”). The words “you,” “your,” “entrant” and “participant” as used herein refer to the natural person entering the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Official Rules or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest.
2) CONTEST DESCRIPTION AND PERIOD: The Michelin Motorcycle Tires #MyGnarlyRoutes Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest starts at 12:00:01am (EST) on September 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59pm (EST) on September 15, 2019 (“Contest Deadline”). The Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Contest. The top ten (10) posts with the most votes at the close of the Contest Deadline will receive one of ten (10) Finalist Prizes. Five (5) of the 10 Finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges to receive one of five (5) Grand Prizes for a Michelin Motorcycle Tires exclusive Gnarly Routes – U Lazy S Ranch tour in Post, TX October 7 – 11, 2019. To enter, during the Contest Period, follow @michelinmotorcyle on Instagram and/or the MichelinMotorcycleUS Facebook page, post a photo or video to your Instagram or Facebook demonstrating the conditions or terrain that you ride a motorcycle along with the reason you chose (or would choose) MICHELIN® StarCross® 5 tires. Tag @michelinmotorcycle on Instagram and/or MichelinMotorcycleUS on Facebook and use the hashtag #MyGnarlyRoutes in your post(s). Then promote your post with your social media followers to get the most Votes at http://platform.heyo.com/fbcontests/profiletab/MyGnarlyRoutes (or https://binkd.co/DkgdR ). You may enter multiple times on either or both social media platforms; no limit of the number of individual submissions per person.
All prizes are subject to compliance with these Official Rules. By entering this Contest, each entrant gives their express permission for Michelin North America, Inc. to contact him/her by telephone, email and/or postal mail for Contest purposes only. In addition, entrants will be given the ability to opt-in to receive future email, updates, offers and promotional materials from Michelin North America, Inc.; however, eligibility to participate in the Contest is not dependent upon entrant’s consent to receive such emails and consenting to receive such emails does not impact entrant’s chances of winning. Only entrants who opt-in will receive such offers. If you opt-in to receive such offers and in the future would prefer not to receive contest mailings from us or have the entrant’s name removed from the mailing list for the Contest please write to: Michelin North America, Attn: Two Wheel Department, One Parkway South, Greenville, South Carolina, 29615 or utilize the “unsubscribe” link in emails.
3) SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Michelin North America, Inc., One Parkway South Greenville, SC 29615
4) ELIGIBILITY: VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is open only to citizens of the United States. To be eligible for the Contest, an individual must: (i) successfully enter the Contest, the process of entry being described below; (ii) be at least twenty-one (21) years or older on the date of entry submission; (iii) be a legal U.S. resident; and (iv) not be an employee (full-time or part-time), an immediate family member or a member of the household of an employee of Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, its franchisees and their subsidiaries and affiliates, or of any of their advertising and promotion agencies or any other business entity engaged in operating the Contest or selecting the Winners of the Contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, sibling, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. All entries not strictly meeting the criteria set forth in these Official Rules are disqualified. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final, binding and not disputable in all matters related to the Contest.
5) How to Enter Contest and Requirements for Participation in Contest: To enter, during the Contest Period, complete the following steps:
- Log-in or join Instagram and/or Facebook (joining Instagram and Facebook is free)
b. “Follow” the @michelinmotorcycle Instagram account and / or the MichelinMotorcycleUS Facebook page
c. Post a photo or video to Instagram and/or Facebook demonstrating the gnarly conditions or terrain that you ride an off-road motorcycle along with the reason you chose (or would choose) MICHELIN® StarCross® 5 tires between 12:00:01am (EST) on September 1, 2019 and 11:59:59 pm (EST) on September 15, 2019.
d. Tag @michelinmotorcycle on Instagram and / or MichelinMotorcycleUS on Facebook and use the hashtag #MyGnarlyRoutes in your post.
- Promote your post with your Instagram and / or Facebook followers to get the most Votes at http://platform.heyo.com/fbcontests/profiletab/MyGnarlyRoutes (or https://binkd.co/DkgdR ). Sponsor will review all posts and any posts with inappropriate content will not be eligible for entry into the Contest. Entrants should ensure that their entry posts do not contain any nudity, vulgarity, lewd behavior, violence, incitement to violence or hate speech. Sponsor supports riding activity which conforms to the entrants’ state helmet and safety laws.
Please note that Contest entrants must provide required contact information and meet the eligibility requirements as outlined in these Official Rules and HAVE YOUR ENTRY RECEIVED BY THE CONTEST DEADLINE (as defined above).
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CONTEST DEADLINE. The use of script, macro, automated entry or similar devices or any other devices that subvert the entry process to participate is prohibited and all entries through such devices are void. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional information requested to be eligible. All entries and any other submitted materials become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for transactions or entries that are lost for any reason (including technical difficulty, network failure, omission), incomplete, inaccurate, interrupted, stolen, deleted, delayed, garbled, mutilated, damaged, illegible, late or misdirected or that are processed, reported undeliverable or transmitted incorrectly; or for printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or for other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, technical, human, telephonic, network, wireless or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, the inability to access any web site associated with this promotion or process any transaction thereon or for inaccurate transmissions or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems, traffic congestions on the Internet or any combination thereof. Any such entries will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for user cheating or fraud by any entrant and any activities indented to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the Contest or defraud Sponsor in any way will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
If you participate by accessing the URL through a mobile device, based upon your mobile carrier, data rates may apply. Please check with your carrier to determine if you will incur charges before participating in this Contest. To participate in the Contest you do not have to access the URL through a mobile device.
Prize Details: Each of the 10 Finalist Prizes consists of one set of MICHELIN® StarCross® 5 tires and one pair of Michelin Motorcycle Tires socks. The 5 Grand Prizes each consist of: A trip to the Michelin Motorcycle Tires exclusive Gnarly Routes – U Lazy S Ranch tour in Post, TX including airfare, lodging, meals, motorcycle rental, etc. Each Finalist Prize has an approximate retail value of $275.00 USD. Each Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of $4,500.00 USD.
Prize and Travel Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of prizes (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Only ten (10) finalist prizes and five (5) grand prizes will be awarded. Grand Prize includes airfare to and from and participation in the Michelin Motorcycle Tires #MyGnarlyRoutes guided tour, meals and lodging. Each Grand Prize Winner is responsible for providing their own safety riding equipment, including footwear and helmet. The winners will travel to Lubbock, TX on Monday, October 7, 2019 partake in the Michelin Motorcycle Tires #MyGnarlyRoutes Tour at the U Lazy S Ranch tour on Tuesday, October 8, 2019 thru Thursday, October 10, 2019 and depart on the morning of Friday, October 11, 2019. The date and time of the travel to Lubbock, TX is based on required arrival and departure time. Sponsor will provide round trip coach class airfare for winner from an airport in proximity to the winner’s home. Sponsor or its designee will, in its sole discretion, determine which airport is closest to the winner’s home. Sponsor will reimburse ground transportation (1) to and from airport to winner’s home (with valid Uber or taxi receipt) and (2) will provide ground transportation from destination airport (LBB) to Post, TX and lodging of winner. Sponsor will provide winner with lodging for 4 nights at a location near Post, TX at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will provide all meals. Air transportation, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and other elements of prize must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. The Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the winner’s possession. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize (or portion of the prize package) will remain the property of Sponsor.
Any amendment fees or charges incurred as a result of any changes to the purchased flights are the responsibility of the winner. All costs not explicitly set forth in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner, and Sponsor will not provide any compensation or reimbursement for these costs, including but not limited to Visa requirements, valid passports, parking, travel insurance, spending money, meals during travel, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, in-room charges, other ancillary costs, and any applicable insurance excesses. Air travel is subject to the airlines Condition of Carriage. Winner must comply with all applicable laws, including those related to tobacco and alcohol, while traveling to and from Post, TX and attending Michelin Motorcycle Tires #MyGnarlyRoutes Tour. Prize does not include alcohol, tobacco, or any illegal drugs.
Except for applicable manufacturers standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Odds of Winning Prize(s): Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of a Prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of a Prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the Prize Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prized is unavailable at the time of the award.
Taxes and Other Expenses: Contest Prize Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes, fees and/or any other expenses and costs associated with or imposed on the Prize. By entering, each entrant agrees that, if selected as a Winner, he/she will provide Sponsor with all information required for Sponsor to complete the appropriate tax forms and related documents (if any), including, without limitation a W-9 form.
Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have NO CASH VALUE and no cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed or awarded.
7) Winner Requirements: The Winner will be required to provide proof that he/she is in compliance with the requirements for winning the Prize, and is a legal resident of his/her state of residency, and that he/she has proof of identity and verification of citizenship. Sponsor will be the sole arbiter as to the sufficiency of said proof. Except for where prohibited by law, the Winner will be required to (i) comply with all Official Rules; and (ii) execute and return a declaration of eligibility, in the form presented by Sponsor, within the time specified by the Sponsor attesting that he/she has met the eligibility requirements. Entry constitutes acceptance of these Official Rules. Failure to comply with any of the Official Rules or procedures set forth herein will result in disqualification from Contest, forfeiture of prizes and an alternate Winner may be selected.
8) Standards for Judging the Contest
Selection and Notification of Finalists: On September 16, 2019, the top 10 submissions receiving the most Votes on the campaign site will qualify for the next round of judging (the “Finalists”). These potential Finalists will be notified via Instagram and / or Facebook. The ten Finalists will receive a set of MICHELIN® StarCross® 5 tires of their choice (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”= $260.00/set of 2 tires) and a pair of Michelin Motorcycle Tires branded socks (ARV = $15.00/set). (AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.)
Grand Prize Winners Selection: On or about September 18, 2019, the top five (5) Grand Prize Winners will be chosen by Russell Bobbitt and Cole Kirkpatrick of Gnarly Routes from the pool of ten (10) Finalists, based on level of riding ability, originality, and creativity of the post that showcases the reason you chose (or would choose) MICHELIN® StarCross 5 tires on #MyGnarlyRoutes to be the five (5) Grand Prize winners of The Michelin Off-Road Motorcycle Tires #MyGnarlyRoutes Contest. The five Grand Prize winners will be notified via Instagram and / or Facebook or email.
If this Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus or other malware; cheating or fraud; equipment, network or technical failures; or any other causes which Sponsor deems could corrupt or affect the security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or any element thereof, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the Winner(s) for the applicable prize from the eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the action, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
Notification of Finalist Winners: The 10 Finalist Prize Winners will be notified by Sponsor on September 16, 2019 via Instagram / Facebook and provided instructions to follow to claim their Prizes. The instructions for all Prize Winners will include the process of (i) claiming the Prize by sending a notice to the Sponsor via email at MichelinTwoWheel@gmail.com within forty-eight (48) hours of Winner Notification; and (ii) a declaration of eligibility and W-9 to be returned within three (3) business days of the notification. Upon receipt of a Prize Winner’s claim and all required documentation, the Prize will be delivered to the Prize Winner no later than sixty (60) days after the date of the Winner Selection.
Notification of Grand Prize Winners: The 5 Grand Prize Winners will be notified by Sponsor on September 19, 2019 via Instagram/Facebook or email and provided instructions to follow to claim their Grand Prize. The instructions for all Grand Prize Winners will include the process of claiming the Prize by sending a notice to the Sponsor via email at MichelinTwoWheel@gmail.com within 48 hours of Winner Notification. Grand Prize Winners will be required to provide full name, address, email, date of birth and phone number for purposes of providing travel arrangements and agree to sign a Motorcycle Event Release.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any online entrant based on an email address, entrant will be deemed to be the “authorized account holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” of the email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet service provider or other organization (e.g., a business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event a winning “Authorized account holder” is a joint account, a total of one (1) prize will be awarded in the names of the joint account holders. Proof (to Sponsor’s satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
9) Winner: To obtain all of the Winners’ names, send an email to Sponsor at: MichelinTwoWheel@gmail.com Requests for the names of winners must be received between October 15, 2019 and October 31, 2019.
10) Publicity: By entering the Contest, each entrant has the option to grant permission to Sponsor and its agents, designees, and licensees, without further compensation, to the use of the entrant’s name, voice, photograph/likeness and any other information provided in entrant’s entry for advertising and promotional purposes, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised (including and without limitation, the Internet), except where prohibited by law. Upon request and after selection of Winners, each Winner will be asked to provide Sponsor consent to such in writing. The Winners do not have to provide such consent and Sponsor will not and cannot disqualify a Winner if that Winner withholds the requested consent.
11) Governing Law/Jurisdiction/Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the state of South Carolina without respect to any conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of entry and participation, except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a neutral one person arbitration panel which shall be located in Greenville, South Carolina having jurisdiction.
12) Indemnification and Limitation of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW GNARLY ROUTES AND ITS OWNERS, U LAZY S RANCH AND ITS OWNERS, AND THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND CONTEST AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (the “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ALLEGED OR ACTUAL CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES (INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE), INJURY, LIABILITY, LAWSUITS, LOSSES, AND COMPENSATION, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ AND OTHER LEGAL FEES, CHARGES OR EXPENSES, WHETHER FOR INJURY TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH AND INTENTIONAL TORTS), DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE, MADE AGAINST OR SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AS THE RESULT OF OR ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S (I) ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN OR USE OF CONTEST OR ANY CONTEST ACTIVITIES; (II) ACCEPTANCE, DELIVERY, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE; (III) PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES OR ANY ELEMENTS THEREOF; OR (IV) ACCESS TO OR USE OF (OR FAILURE TO ACCESS OR USE) THE CONTEST WEBSITE, DOWNLOADS FROM THE WEBSITE OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL FROM CONTEST WEBSITE.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants and Winners covenant not to sue any Released Party or cause them to be sued regarding any matter released above; and further covenant not to disaffirm, limit or rescind this release. A waiver by one or more of the Contest Entities of any term in these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of any other provision. Any invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be deemed severed from these Rules only to the extent of its invalidity, illegality or unenforceability, and these Rules shall be construed and enforced as if they did not contain the stricken provision.
13) Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. By entering this Contest, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram or Facebook and you agree to release and hold harmless Instagram and Facebook from any and all claims related to your entry in the Contest. The information you provide will only be used for verification of your eligibility to participate in the promotion and as otherwise provided for in these Official Rules. Please direct any questions or comments regarding this promotion to Sponsor.
ABBREVIATED RULES: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. You have not yet won. The CONTEST is open only to citizens of the United States who are 21 years old. Entries must be received between September 1, 2019 12:00 AM EST – September 15, 2019 11:59 pm EST. Ten Finalist prizes will be awarded, consisting of a set of MICHELIN® StarCross® 5 Motorcycle Tires and a pair of Michelin Motorcycle Tires socks. Five Grand Prize Winners will receive a trip to the Michelin Motorcycle Tires exclusive Gnarly Routes – U Lazy S Ranch tour (including airfare, lodging, meals, motorcycle rental). The Finalists Prize has an ARV of $275.00 and the Grand Prize has an ARV of $4,500.00 To enter, follow @michelinmotorcycle on Instagram and/or MichelinMotorcycleUS on Facebook; post a photo or video along with the reason you chose, or would choose, MICHELIN StarCross 5 Tires between 9/1/2019 12:01:00 AM EST and 9/15/2019 11:59:59 PM EST; tag @michelinmotorcycle on Instagram and/or MichelinMotorcycleUS on Facebook and use the hashtag #MyGnarlyRoutes in your post. Promote your post with your followers to get the most votes at http://platform.heyo.com/fbcontests/profiletab/MyGnarlyRoutes. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Each eligible winner must sign declarations, waiver/releases, and/or other documentation as required by Michelin. Participants must have a public Instagram or Facebook account. This Contest is presented by Michelin North America, Inc., One Parkway South, Greenville, South Carolina, 29615. Full rules and entry details available at: https://motorcycletirepromo.com/my-gnarly-routes-contest/